89% of women diagnosed are now surviving more than 5 years, but there is still no cure for the other 11%. More than ever, we need to retain our focus.


Breast Cancer CURE

Research will find a Breast Cancer CURE.


Breast Cancer CURE

Since it’s establishment, Breast Cancer Cure has funded many significant research projects in New Zealand, totalling close to $11 million in grants due to the lack of government funding directly into breast cancer. Some of the New Zealand institutions to benefit from Breast Cancer Cure's work include the University of Canterbury, the University of Otago, The Liggins Institute in Auckland, the Malaghan Institute in Wellington, University of Auckland, Massey University, Victoria University of Wellington and the Canterbury District Health Board.

Meet our researchers →


1 woman every 3 hours will be diagnosed with breast cancer, nearly 2 women per day will die from the disease.


Our Work

Our work continues to grow in importance, especially as breast cancer in New Zealand grows at epidemic proportions. The lives of over 670 New Zealand women of all ages and all walks of life are being lost each year. This disease has a devastating impact on women and their families throughout this country, across all ages and social groups. The continued escalation of cases can only have a negative effect on our society.

Find Out More →



Fay Sowerby - Chair

John Kensington

Martin Cooper

Phillipa Green

Pippa Lekner

Professor Andrew Shelling

Tony Moffatt

Nicky Greville


Sonja de Mari

Events Manager
Kim Beere

Marketing Manager
Amber Henderson

Partnership Executive
Jessica Taplin

Business Administrator
Rina Crawford